Who Am I


A Reflection of Self-worth and Dignity

Life starts like a big empty book; composed of compressed sheet of papers and clean cut edges. The blank pages are later on filled by challenges, adversities, achievements, mistakes, failures, lessons and values that make up one’s identity, unique.

I came from an island called Catanduanes. I grew up normally just like how any other kids probably did. But somehow, perhaps, I know it’s a little different. Good different. I played toys I don’t easily get for we are not that rich or big fortunate. They did not spoiled me instead, taught me immeasurable and priceless lessons like out-of-the-class matters that up until now lives in my heart.  I am truly grateful this was how I was raised by my parents. Without all these, I would never be that kind of person I am right now.

I spent my early years of studying in public schools from pre-school to secondary level. Somewhere in these places, there stand a proud graduate; a well-made product manufactured successfully who originally came from an ordinary kid in class where no spotlight belonged to him. And how can I say so? for this were where and when I happened to meet people of my age who took a piece of me and played big roles in the pages of my story. There are those purely different personalities whom I never thought would inspire me and made my life a little happier or otherwise, more complicated. A lot of people cheered me up and took me down, who gave me smiles and left me frowns. I am a halfway bruised engine ready for the ride of life.

I graduated in High School with flying colors. I competed many competitions that knocked me down and pushed me towards the top. I have garnered the respect and trust of my fellow leaders, writers and students and even my advisers. I was able to participate, follow and lead my group to attend seminars, trainings, camps, programs, and the noblest thing we have ever done: we made a newspaper by ourselves! I am privileged to experience how to be once an ordinary pupil, diligent student, special friend, responsible teenager, good follower and an open-minded leader. I am a lost traveler in the middle of a puzzling crossroad; I didn’t know where I suppose to go until I found companions to go along with. Now my journey is happier with the presence of them.

The summer came and instead of giving me a hot relaxing break, it set me to cold confusing days. I moved to the city for my tertiary education. It was harder than I ever thought would be. The nostalgia inside my heart was replaced by a big fear of starting again. It was my decision to change and try to start a new life, here where no one knows me. And I hope to make it simpler yet still beautiful. I have to do some things on my own even more; no one’s got to save myself except me now.

But when all the songs has been sung and the music dies, as the time goes by and gets more confusing, I just do my best and pray to God to guide me on the bunch of stormy days. I have to double my time to study by not forgetting my house work responsibilities. Even at some point I feel so tired, exhausted and think about I-wish-I-can-go-back-to-my-playful-days, I just hold on and believe the sun will shine and that new beginning will rise. I just have to keep my faith by looking forward to a positive outlook.

And even how great I can be, I cannot stand alone forever. I will get up on the ground and rise, but at some point, I will always fall. Not because I can’t be good enough, but because I’m not perfect. I commit mistakes. I can’t do everything. But after all, I will never stop from trying even how hard this life can be. And when my day comes, I should be happy for at least I have done something and I made my life worthy by creating things I can be proud of.

I am a warrior that gets defeated; I am a fighter, not a quitter.

0 Response to Who Am I

Post a Comment